Childbirth with her husband is the most common and natural variant of partner births, because the appearance of a common child is the most important event in the life of both parents. What are the benefits of joint birth and how to prepare for them?
The practice of "family" childbirth is widespread in Europe and America, but in our country it is still perceived as an innovation, although very popular. The opinion that a husband is not needed at birth at all still exists among couples and among medical personnel in Russia. It is not possible to make an unambiguous conclusion about whether the father of the child is needed in the maternity ward; in the end, only the spouses themselves can solve this question. But, setting it in front of him, it is worthwhile to clarify why joint birth is necessary and what needs to be done so that the pope’s presence at the birth is really useful.
Recently, the birth of a woman in the presence of a loved one, the so-called joint or partner births, has gained great popularity. What it is?
Just note: despite the fact that in most cases the partner is a woman in labor, this is not a prerequisite. With a future mother during her stay in the prenatal and birth wards, there may simply be a close person whom she trusts, and whose support (physical and moral) she can count on. It can be mom, sister, girlfriend.
It happens that a husband in every possible way supports and takes care of his wife for all 9 months, but does not go to childbirth. And this is also normal, because childbirth is an unknown and unusual process for men. And if a woman in her life at least sometimes receives information about them in conversations with her mother, friends, acquaintances, then you must agree that in the company of men such conversations rarely sound, more precisely, they almost never sound. And if this topic pops up, then it comes down to "brought, recognized, celebrated, taken away."
PRINCIPLES OF SUCCESSFUL BIRTH
The first important condition for successful partnership delivery: mutual, voluntary consent of the woman and the partner to give birth together. The birth hall is not a place for sorting out relationships, so arguments like “My husband had a girlfriend because he loves her and appreciates her” or “I said I’ll go, that means I’ll go” are not suitable for making a decision on joint labor.
The second one. It is important that the partner actively participates in childbirth, and not just the presence of the viewer, because he can do a lot to help women in labor during labor and labor. Below we will say exactly how it can help.
The lack of action is acceptable only if such behavior is necessary for a woman. The birth process requires the woman in full concentration, and it happens that various stimuli - sound (talking), tactile (touch, massage), visual (bright light and the flickering of someone in front of the eyes) interfere with the mood for the wave of childbirth. In this case, the partner simply stands nearby, solving some “technical” issues (helping to go to the toilet, give diapers, call a midwife, etc.). This does not mean that the presence of a loved one during childbirth is superfluous, that he does not help, does not participate, but his presence allows the woman to completely relax and calmly and confidently give birth to a baby.
The third. Partnership delivery needs to be prepared.
You can prepare for a partner through books and magazine articles, but it’s better to still be trained in special schools preparing for childbirth. It is very important to know about the changes occurring in the body of a woman and a child during contractions, attempts, and in the period after birth. It is equally important to learn how to help a woman in labor, therefore it is necessary to regularly develop skills in helping and general behavior during childbirth.
After all, no one questions whether one needs to understand the driving technique, the rules of the road, take driver courses before driving. So why sometimes a partner goes into labor without even the slightest idea of what will happen there and what he can do.
WHAT A PARTNER CAN HELP AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY
To begin with, getting into the hospital walls, rarely anyone experiences joy and can remain calm and relaxed. Therefore, the partner’s task is to soften, as far as possible, the irritating effect of white walls and bathrobes. Being at such an important and difficult time next to the woman in labor, he will be able to maintain her calm mood.
Secondly, the partner to play the role of a buffer between the expectant mother and the nursing staff, taking on the task of finding out what incomprehensible moments. For example, is it possible to move around during contractions, or is a baby placed on its stomach immediately after birth, etc.
Thirdly, all methods of natural anesthesia work better with the participation of a loved one.
PARTNER ACTIONS DURING BATTLES AND DELIVERY
- remind a woman about the importance of relaxation: “relax your stomach, face, hands.”
- breathe with the woman in childbirth. First, try to adapt to the rhythm of childbirth, and if she suddenly gets confused, she begins to hold on to the inhale-exhale or breathe chaotically, to set her her right breathing rhythm. The woman in labor chooses the frequency and depth of breathing, focusing on her sensations. It is important that she breathes rhythmically and without holding her breath during labor.
- do analgesic and acupressure. If the woman in labor feels discomfort in the abdomen, it is necessary to stroke it by pressing on the iliac bones. It should be clarified whether your actions help, or is it better to do something else. Regardless of whether the woman in labor bothers her back or not, you can massage her. Thanks to distraction, a general analgesic effect is achieved.
- if during the contractions the tension in the back is felt, it is necessary to stroke, rub, knead the area of the loins, apply static pressing. After the end of contractions, you can lightly pat on tired muscles.
- help in choosing a comfortable pose. Considering that not all maternity hospitals have items for taking a comfortable position (balls, large and small pillows, high and low chairs, rugs, etc.), all or almost all of the functions of these items should be taken over by the partner. A woman can lean on him, maybe she wants to sit on his knees to him and put her head on his shoulder. At this time, the partner will be able to massage or stroke her back. There are many options.
- provide moral support to mother and child. Praise if mom is doing well.
Support, if you can’t: “Well, in the next bouts we’ll try again. You are well done, smart girl. ” We must strive to divert the attention of the woman in labor from the uncomfortable sensation: you can tell something interesting, dream about the future, talk about how hard the baby is working now, and what you need to try to help him, support at such an important time. How? You can talk to him: “Just a little more. Mom is nearby, dad is nearby. We will meet soon. We love you very much and are waiting for you. ” Perhaps this sounds unusual, but in an atmosphere of support and love, a baby usually is born faster, easier, with less effort for a woman in labor.
- to bring a woman in labor at the toilet at least 1 time per hour, to remind her of this, because she may not feel the urge to urinate even with a full bladder. In addition, after urinating, the discomfort during contractions will decrease slightly.
- let time work for you. You can take a watch with a second hand or a timer, and with the beginning of each fight, count the time: "10, 20, 30, 40, 50 seconds, rest." It is easier for some women to live the contractions within a well-defined time. Although it can only annoy others.
- save your strength. In between fights, when a woman is resting, it is also worth relaxing. It’s not a sin to eat a sandwich, drink tea. Childbirth is a process that requires a tremendous amount of energy, both for the mother and the baby, and for the assistant.
We are pleased to post your articles and materials indicating authorship.
Send information to [email protected]
Author: Andrushchenko, Galchenko
Views: 57716 Rating:
Keywords: partner birth, instructions for partners, natural birth
Make a decision
The reasons why women want their future dad to attend birth are different. Some need moral support from a loved one, others do not want to leave their husbands "behind" an important family event, others come from practical considerations (the husband can provide physical assistance, call staff on time, give something or bring something). Indeed, a woman in labor in the presence of her husband feels more comfortable because she feels his sympathy and participation. And her positive attitude contributes to the successful course of childbirth. Another reason families give birth together is the control over the actions of doctors. This is usually important for those parents who want to give birth in the most "natural" way, without unnecessary medical interventions.
Getting ready for childbirth
Doctors insist that only those husbands are present during childbirth who can really help their wives and who will not be surprised by the medical subtleties of the upcoming process. Only in this case, the husband will not feel superfluous. Moreover, participation can consist in just holding the hand, wiping sweat from the forehead, words of love and encouragement, as well as in anesthetic massage, support during contractions and attempts.
Since the necessary knowledge does not appear by itself, you need to prepare for joint birth. Learn as much as possible about the course and stages of childbirth so that nothing comes as a surprise to you. There are a lot of possibilities for this today: magazines and books about pregnancy and childbirth, information from the Internet, videos about childbirth and intrauterine development.
It is best to undergo special preparation for family deliveries at some special center for couples, where they will tell you everything in detail, show a film about joint births, and show your husband how to do anesthetic massage during contractions.
It is also advisable to pre-talk with the doctor who will take birth. It is very important to remember that you and the doctors are one team and behave accordingly.
Partnership births are different, so a woman needs to discuss in advance with her husband and a doctor the possible options for the spouse to be present at the birth. Most often, couples go all the way through childbirth together from beginning to end. There is an option when the future father is present during the first stage of labor (during contractions): does a woman in labor, massages the time between contractions, monitors her breathing, but is not in the delivery room during labor, when the second period of labor passes (the period of direct birth of the baby ) Also discuss whether your husband will be present at vaginal examinations.
It should be noted that childbirth is such an exciting process that many popes who initially wanted to limit their presence in the first stage of childbirth do not go out during the second. As for medical measures in the third period of childbirth (when the last is born) and the early postpartum period (when the postpartum medical examination is performed), more often at this time dad is not in the maternity ward, but next to the newborn baby in the children's room. In any case, even if a separate room for the newborn is not provided, dad is completely absorbed in the procedures that the midwife does with the baby.
Quite often, future parents form a certain idea of the upcoming birth. Some even plan how this should happen. All this is important because it is an integral part of the already mentioned positive attitude. Nevertheless, any deviations from the intended sequence of events are possible in childbirth. Having a baby may take more or less time than you expected. Situations are possible when, with a planned completely natural birth, a need for medical support suddenly arises (for example, if a woman is very tired). Or dad was getting ready to do massage, and in childbirth any touch was unpleasant for a woman. There are times when an emergency cesarean section is necessary to save the life of a mother or baby. Therefore, the readiness of the couple to accept any course of events, regardless of their expectations, is very important.
In advance, check out the clinic list of tests necessary for the presence of her husband in childbirth. At a minimum, this is the data in the woman’s exchange card indicating that the future father has undergone fluorography. But in some clinics, other tests may be required, which must be taken in advance at the place of residence or in the outpatient department of the hospital. If childbirth takes place within the framework of compulsory insurance (free of charge), then at the beginning of labor activity the husband of the woman in labor, with a statement signed by the head physician, turns to the reception department. It is clear that such a statement is better to sign in advance, it can only be done in the hospital where the presence of the pope in childbirth is permitted by the rules of the medical institution. If you enter into a birth contract, your husband’s presence may be negotiated. At the admission ward, the husband changes into a medical suit issued to him, clean removable shoes, after which he is taken to the maternity ward, where he is with his wife until the end of delivery. As a rule, childbirth is a rather lengthy process. From the beginning of the first contractions to the birth of the placenta, 12-24 hours can pass.
The future dad needs to take with him interchangeable shoes, a bottle of water and a couple of sandwiches to withstand the generic "marathon", as well as a camera or video camera, to take several pictures of the first minutes of the child's life.
Practical help during childbirth
As you know, childbirth is divided into three stages: the opening of the cervix, the appearance of the baby and the birth of the afterbirth. We will tell you more about each of them.
The first period of childbirth. This period most often begins at home. There are two main signs of childbirth:
- the appearance of contractions - regular contractions of the muscles of the uterus,
- rupture of the fetal bladder and discharge of water. When the fetal bladder ruptures, pain is not felt. Amniotic fluid is usually clear, but may be slightly bloody or have a yellowish or greenish tint. You should hurry to the maternity hospital if the waters are very dark or densely stained with blood or if they departed before the appearance of regular contractions.
Usually, the expectant mother suffers the first contractions quite easily: they last 15-20 seconds and are repeated every 15-20 minutes. At this time, a woman can still talk with her husband about something abstract, joke and dream about the future. She has time to take a shower, put on clean underwear, cut her nails and wash them off. If the clinic that you have chosen requires shaving your crotch, you can perform this procedure at home yourself.
Gradually, contractions will increase. What matters is not the strength of the painful sensations, but their rhythm. When you count 3-4 contractions in 30 minutes, get together at the hospital.
For the maternity hospital, you should already have a bag with things ready, you can attach a list to it and, after the start of the delivery, check the contents with the list.
At this stage, the husband helps the woman determine the regularity of contractions and get together in the hospital.
After entering the maternity ward, the future dad can make sure his wife is comfortable, for example, if possible, make the lights dim, turn on soft music, it is important that you do not disturb phone calls. A husband should provide moral support to his wife: inspire her with confidence in her abilities and that her body knows how and what to do.
It is good if during the fight the husband helps his wife to connect the imagination. Let her imagine that the battle is a wave that must be overcome. It is also necessary to breathe along with the wife, especially if she goes astray. In order to build a woman in labor for proper breathing, first you need to copy her breathing, and then gradually change the frequency of her breathing, and then the woman will unconsciously begin to breathe correctly.
You must learn to breathe in advance so that this process does not cause stress. During contractions, one must breathe slowly, deeply and rhythmically (inhale air through the nose and exhale through the mouth). Deep breathing helps saturate the organisms of the mother and the newborn baby with oxygen, soothes, reduces stress and pain. The birth partner must ensure that the lips do not tighten and the face is relaxed (the lips are connected by nerves to the uterus and vagina, and therefore, by relaxing the face and lips, we help the uterus and vagina relax, which contributes to their good opening). When contractions become very strong, frequent shallow breathing will help, in which inhalation is also carried out through the nose, and exhalation through the mouth. During a period of strong fights, the husband should remind the woman in labor about techniques that relieve pain, and it is better if he himself tries to relieve his spouse of unpleasant sensations with the help of massage. Touch stimulates skin receptors, which in turn send many impulses to the cerebral cortex. These impulses, propagating more quickly, successfully compete with pain signals and thus reduce pain.
The simplest massage techniques used during contractions:
- Stroking the lower abdomen.
- Stroking the skin in the lumbosacral region. It can be carried out with both palms and fists. Такое поглаживание может быть более интенсивным, чем поглаживание живота.
- Прижатие кожи у боковых углов крестцового ромба. Боковые углы на коже контурируются в виде двух небольших ямочек, расположенных выше межъягодичной складки симметрично с двух сторон. Для обезболивающего эффекта на кожу в этой области надо надавливать кулаками.
- Pressing the skin to the inner surface of the iliac crests. In the lateral parts of the lower abdomen, you can easily feel the protruding bones (awn), which are a kind of corners of the pelvic bones. Dense crests of the ilium stretch to the sacrum to the sides of them. Put your palms down along your hips with your thumbs down, while with your thumbs press the skin of the abdomen to the inner surface of the protruding awns.
- At the end of the first stage of labor, massage of the inner thighs has a good analgesic effect.
It is advisable to persuade a woman in labor to walk around the room, offering to lean on her husband’s hand: walking speeds up the process of childbirth. This is especially important at the initial stage of labor. You need to move even if the woman thinks she cannot do this. If hospital conditions allow, help your wife use a bath or shower: water is a great painkiller, it should be warm, but not hot.
Confidence in the doctor does not relieve the future dad of the obligation, without interfering in the birth process, adequately assessed by the actions of the medical staff. If some manipulations (anesthesia, stimulation, administration of any drugs) are doubtful, you can always ask the doctor a substantive question and ask for clarification.
At the same time, the tone should be friendly: ask if it is possible to do without any procedure, what are the options for the development of events, if the procedure is completed and if not. Find out if there is any alternative method. At the end of the first stage, contractions are repeated every 1-2 minutes, last for 60-90 seconds and become much more painful. At this point, women get tired and start to worry. So, the husband, on the contrary, needs to be collected, restrained and calm. It is necessary to praise the wife, to remind her of the child whom she will see so soon. Say how good she is, how well she does everything, repeat it again and again. If your spouse is worried about something, try to fix it. For example, you can change a wet shirt or sheet, adjust a pillow, darken a room.
Help your wife find a comfortable position and change it from time to time (to rise, walk, get down on all fours, kneel down, squat down). During the fight, breathe with her. Do not allow the expectant mother to push until the midwife allows, as this can harm both her and the baby.
Continue to massage, rub your wife's shoulders, arms, legs. Usually in a hospital, women in labor are not allowed to drink, but you can wipe your face with a damp cloth, moisten your lips with water, and let it suck on pieces of ice. Do not hesitate to ask the staff once again how you can still help your wife.
The second period of childbirth. At this stage, the child begins to move along the birth canal, and the woman begins to push. At this moment, a woman in labor is transferred to another room (maternity room) or transferred to a special chair in the same room. At this time, the popes, who decided to be present only during the fights, leave. If the couple decided that the husband will stay with his wife until the end of the birth, then he becomes the head of the bed and supports his wife's head so that it is as inclined to the chest as possible. It is necessary to listen carefully to the midwife, clearly and in time to carry out all her commands.
Usually, during the attempt, the expectant mother should push three times. The main thing is to do it right: first, take a full chest of air and direct efforts to the lower body so that the straightened lungs press on the diaphragm, and that, in turn, on the uterus. The husband can make sure that the woman in labor does not have tension in the muscles of her legs, hips, shoulders, face. A tense face is a sign of improper attempt. In this case, you must smoothly say: "You-you-die!" - and make a clear noisy exhale. Discuss with your doctor in advance that you will help the woman in labor breathe. Often women perceive her husband’s words better than medical staff. In this case, the husband should carefully listen to the doctor and midwife and accurately convey everything that was said to his wife. If a woman does something wrong, then you should clearly tell her about it, because time is very short.
When everything is completed successfully, the husband may ask to be given the opportunity to participate in cutting the umbilical cord.
The third period of childbirth. After the birth of the baby, they put it on the mother’s chest - this is the first meeting and the first meeting of the parents and the baby. Then the newborn is carried away for the first physical examination and water procedures. Moreover, it is better that the man is next to his wife - he still has time to get acquainted with his child. Usually at this moment a woman does not notice anything around herself: the baby is born, and it seems to her that childbirth is already behind. However, after some time (10-40 minutes) after two or three contractions the placenta (placenta, umbilical cord, fetal membranes) should come out. If the wife relaxes too much, remind her that the birth is not over yet. And when she again has a desire to push, help her by supporting her head.
After the birth of the afterbirth, doctors will examine the postpartum and restore any tears or incisions. At this time, dad will be able to chat with his baby. When all the manipulations are completed, the woman with the baby will remain in the maternity ward for another two hours, and then everyone will be transferred to the postpartum ward. Now in many maternity hospitals there are family chambers, where, if desired, the father of the child can always be. In this case, he will be able to help in caring for the baby, take on all the "organizational issues", especially in the early days, when it is difficult for a newly born woman to get up.
Once again, we recall that the decision on joint birth should be balanced, desire should be mutual, and both spouses should be prepared for this event.
Ekaterina Svirskaya, obstetrician-gynecologist, Minsk
What exactly can a delivery partner do?
It depends on what degree of intensity of his participation you plan to receive. It is important to discuss these points in advance in order to understand what is unconditionally suitable for both of you, and in which moments you need to find a compromise. Here is a standard list of actions that women in labor usually expect from their birth partners:
- To communicate. Fighting does not seem to be time for boredom, but it is not the most fiery event. In fact, conversation, jokes, discussion of their feelings - all this greatly facilitates hours of waiting.
- To help physically. A partner can breathe with you, buzz, walk around, take you to a shower or pee, give water, massage your back, turn on your favorite song.
- Provide moral support. For each couple, the concept of “moral support” has its own - it is important for someone that the partner retains a sense of humor, and for someone - to constantly praise and help to believe in themselves.
- Support your decisions. For example, if before the birth you were an opponent of the epidural, and in the process the decision changed for some reason, the partner’s task is to support and say that you are doing everything right and well done.
- Dialogue with doctors and midwives and uphold your point of view. This is a very weighty argument in favor of joint birth, because, unfortunately, in the post-Soviet space, childbirth is still a morally difficult event precisely because of the fear of women in labor before doctors and midwives (often justified). When there is someone near you who can protect you in this vulnerable period, that's cool.
- And your partner will see the birth of his own child, and for him it will be an unforgettable experience.
Ok, joint birth. How can a partner prepare for them?
Be sure to read books and watch documentaries about childbirth together - you need to know what will happen (and what can happen), in what order, what is normal, and where do you need the help of doctors, how the birth looks like - it is better to know about this in advance. Ideally - courses at the hospital in which you are going to give birth. For example, in the Scandinavia clinic, future dads can get all the necessary information by attending courses for pregnant women, which will allow men to help with childbirth and look after their wife and child from the first minutes after birth.
‼ ️Important‼ ️: without fail, familiarize yourself with the list of requirements that the maternity hospital makes to the woman in labor and her partner: what you need to bring with you, what will be given on the spot, what is allowed to take to the delivery unit, and what is not, which documents to prepare and which are not needed - a single protocol, Unfortunately not.
Yes, so what about the documents? What papers to take with you?
The list of documents is best specified in the hospital and at your doctor's office. Typically, a standard package includes:
- X-ray or chest x-ray of the future father
- Lab tests: blood test for HIV, hepatitis B and C, syphilis
- Partnership Claim Application. And do not forget the contract if you give birth on its basis.
Pay attention to innovations: for example, since July 2018, a provision has been in force in St. Petersburg, according to which each visitor must have information on the presence of measles immunity (vaccination certificate with marks on the double administration of measles vaccine, or a blood test confirming intense immunity against measles).
In addition to the father of the child, who else can I call?
The birth can be attended by either the father of the child (that is, it is not necessary that your marriage be registered), or a member of your family (for example, mother or sister). However, often “family members” become friends or, for example, a photographer or dole. Theoretically, you can take with you someone who can really support you morally and physically. During childbirth under the contract, the maternity hospital is more loyal to the composition of the “support group,” which greatly facilitates the organization of partner births, when the person you need is the actual partner.
Is it possible for a partner to have a caesarean section?
In Russia, a partner cannot be present during an emergency cop. As for the planned operation, opinions differ and depend on the particular maternity hospital: somewhere they let in the operating rooms, somewhere they don’t, but the baby is immediately taken out to dad, they apply skin-to-skin. According to Vladimir Ostromensky, deputy head physician of the Scandinavia network for obstetrics and gynecology, cesarean section is an extremely exciting operation and the presence in the operating room can become unnecessarily stressful for an untrained person, so partners should not go to the hospital.
And after giving birth, can a partner stay with me?
Often the maternity hospital on a self-supporting basis provides the opportunity to occupy the postpartum ward with the possibility of the father of the child staying in it. Sometimes (depending on the maternity hospital), such an opportunity is provided even to those who did not use the partner delivery option. In Scandinavia, for example, there are postpartum wards with extra space for the father of the newborn.
Choose a hospital? Come in «Scandinavia "on an open day. Follow the dates on the site or specify details by phone +7 (812) 445-62-19.
The material was prepared in partnership with the Scandinavia clinic. License No. LO-78-01-009838 May 13, 2019.
Partnership delivery: pros and cons
And yet, each pair is individual, therefore, deciding on such a crucial step, you need to pay attention to such factors:
- the possible awkwardness of the expectant mother in front of her husband in the circumstances,
- a man can get a guilt complex due to the inability to help his wife,
- when family relationships are not strong, then it’s not worth the risk: a break or problems in the couple’s sexual life is possible.
If the future parents made a choice and decided to give birth together, then various psychological and medical preparation, the signing of the contract are necessary.
What is needed for affiliate delivery?
Necessary for a joint stay:
1. A written statement certified by the head doctor of the maternity ward or his deputy. A sample application for a partner birth can be obtained from the secretary or on the clinic website.
2. What tests need to be passed for a partner birth? Mandatory: for hepatitis B and C, HIV, syphilis. You will also need fluorography. Some hospitals may require a physician’s opinion on the health status of the accompanying person at the time of delivery: the absence of infectious diseases, hypertension, coronary disease, or diabetes mellitus.
3. Clothing for partner births. You will need 2 sets - in the delivery room (disposable surgical kit) and the ward (interchangeable trousers, T-shirt and washable slippers).
4. Preparation for childbirth (a school for future parents or independent - a video course for dads, relevant literature).
Partnership delivery with mom, girlfriend is also real. Documents and analyzes will be the same as with the participation of the spouse.
How are partner births?
Joint birth is a crucial step that requires proper preparation. In order to avoid misunderstandings and unnecessary psycho-emotional stress, you should familiarize yourself with the information about the procedure. It will not be amiss to ask about the features of partner deliveries in the perinatal center or maternity hospital of your choice, because each medical institution has its own nuances.
General information can be gleaned from literature, instructional videos, and special training courses for partner births.
What the partner needs to know about joint birth:
1. The first stage. A woman is advised of active behavior - walking, searching for a comfortable position. The vertical position will stimulate labor, but they do not recommend lying on your back - the inferior vena cava is pinched in this position, and labor is slowed down. When contractions intensify, breathing exercises can be used, but if inconvenience is encountered, they can be abandoned. The help of a spouse or other close person is to support the decisions of the future mother - do not insist on uncomfortable exercises or other actions. To alleviate pain in the period between contractions, you can massage the sacral zone.
2. The second stage. At the onset of the effort, you need to choose a convenient position, for example, half-sitting. Based on the instructions of the obstetrician, the spouse can help his wife control her breathing, hold her back, and inform about the course of the process. After the birth of the baby, the partner is instructed to cut the umbilical cord, and then let the baby be held in her arms.
3. The third stage. The exit of the membranes and placenta may be subtle or accompanied by light contractions. After this, suturing of tears or incisions, if any, is carried out.
It is likely that childbirth will not proceed according to such a simple plan, but the overall picture will allow you to plan your actions and prepare emotionally.
How much are affiliate deliveries and can they be free?
The developed infrastructure of medical institutions allows you to choose the conditions of increased comfort for the expectant mother. The issue price ranges from a number of factors:
- availability of free places in the blocks,
- wards of various levels of comfort for the postpartum period: individual or ordinary,
- a feature of the course of labor and gestation (pathologies requiring special conditions for the woman in labor, certain equipment, delivery by cesarean section).
It is definitely impossible to answer how much a partner birth costs: when signing an agreement with a state hospital, in most cases the service is free, private clinics with the appropriate permission, perinatal centers charge for their services in the range of 31 thousand rubles (natural childbirth, one-year pregnancy and excluding stay in the ward - this is paid separately) up to 500 thousand rubles (the ability to choose a doctor, obstetrician, anesthetist, VIP chamber).
To collect documents for a partner birth and the contract itself must be concluded after 36-38 weeks of pregnancy (the processing time depends on the particular hospital).
In what cases can a partner birth forbid: what does the law say?
Federal Law of November 21, 2011 N 323-ФЗ (as amended on December 1, 2014) “On the Basics of Protecting the Health of Citizens in the Russian Federation” (Clause 2, Article 51): a family member is allowed to be present at childbirth by consent of the woman in labor and if there is no medical contraindications.
In addition, it is worth considering the force majeure circumstances - the lack of proper conditions in a particular medical institution, if surgical intervention is required or the attendant at the time of delivery has any infectious disease - in these cases, joint birth can also prohibit.